Uber is a American online transportation networking company.
Its services include ride-hailing, food delivery (Uber Eats), package delivery, couriers, freight transportation, and, through a partnership with Lime, electric bicycle and motorized scooter rental.
Service is generally accessed via a mobile app. Users set up a personal profile with a name, phone number, other information, and payment preference.
which could be a credit card, e-commerce payment system or, in some cases, cash.
Uber Freight matches freight shippers with truckers in a similar fashion to the matching of passengers with drivers.
The amazing part of this portal is that it operates in over 66 countries and 507 cities worldwide.
Uber connects passengers with drivers of vehicles for hire and ride-sharing through the uber mobile app.
All hiring and payment are handled through the app.
Features of the Uber App
with the Uber app your destination is at your fingertips.
Just open the app and enter where you want to go, and a nearby driver will help you get there reliably.
- the Uber app is a great way to make your travel plans stress-free. Request a ride on-demand or schedule one ahead of time.
- with the app, you can request a ride from 600+ airports and in 10,000+ cities around the world
- Whether you’re looking for style, space, or affordability, Uber can help you find the perfect ride to fit your needs.
- With Uber, you can see your price estimate upfront before booking. That means you’ll always have an idea of what you’ll pay before requesting your ride.
- you can give your loved one’s peace of mind while you’re on a trip.
- Share your location and trip status so they know you made it to your destination.
- You can call your local authorities directly from the app, and your location and trip details will be displayed so you can quickly share them with emergency services.
- After every ride, you can submit a rating along with comments.
- You can also let your driver know you appreciated your experience by adding a tip for them right in the app.
How The Uber App Works
you can either be a passnger or a driver on the platform. First users must create an account in order to gain access to uber.com services.
After signing up users will have to download the mobile app on their device. The app is compatible with iPhone, android and windows phone.
Once a user has created an account he can launch the app in other to access the login page.
This is where you can sign in with the details you used during the sign up process.
After the user has successfully login to his account. The user will have to open the app on his or her device and pick a location where he or she is at the moment.
Uber Sign up
- you can sign up using the mobile app or you can visit the official sign up page by CLICKING HERE
- you can choose the type of account you wish to open. check the image below to see the type of accounts you can create.
- when you select the type of account you would to create you will need to fill in the necessary details like name, mobile number, email, password and region.
- read the terms and condition and if you are ok with it click Next then you have successfully created your Uber account.
Before a user can become an uber driver the user must be 21 years and above. User also needs to have a good car in perfect working condition and must be a 4 door vehicle.
Uber Login For Riders
- open your web browser and visit the official login page for Riders www.uber.com
- you will need to type in the phone number you used in creating the account
- Click on next to move to go to the next step.
Uber Login For Drivers
- open your web browser and the official login page for Drivers by CLICKING HERE
- type in the requested information and click on NEXT.
- then you are good to go.
How to Order a Ride On Uber
- Go to your Google play store/ apple store. And search for the uber app or the official website
- Download and install the app
- sign in to your account on the app
- Enter the details you used in signing up to login, then select what type of vehicle you want.
- Mark your location and wait till the uber driver gets to your Location.
- you can choose whatever payment platform you wish to use or in cash.
How to Order for Uber Without the App
To use the website version of Uber, you will need to create an account to register your contact details and your payment method (PayPal and credit card) for the ride.
once you have done that you can the official website to order the ride
- Enter your mobile number to login
- Set the pickup location and destination on the map.
- Select the type of ride you would like, check the price and confirm the ride.
Note: Giving your browser access to your location will immediately center the sitemap on your current location.
Different ways to pay your Uber
Before requesting a ride, use your app to add a payment method of your choice to your account. When a trip ends, your preferred payment method will be charged.
To set up a payment account all you have to do is, Tap the menu icon and select PAYMENT, Click on ADD PAYMENT, Add a payment method by selecting the cash option, scanning a card, manually entering card info, or adding your payTM wallet.
How to pay by cash
- Navigate to the Payment section in the app
- Choose CASH as your payment option
- Confirm your pickup location and request your ride
- At the end of the trip, pay the fare directly in cash to your driver
How To pay by credit/debit card or PayTM
- Click on the menu icon and select PAYMENT
- Click on ADD PAYMENT option
- Add a payment method by scanning a card, manually entering card info, or adding your payTM wallet.
- If you need to top up your PayTM wallet, tap ADD MONEY and use your credit/debit card or net banking to recharge your account.
How To change your default payment method
- Click the menu icon and select PAYMENT.
- Select your payment option.
- Confirm your pickup location and request your ride.
thanks for reading