slack is a communication platform developed for use in the workplace either you belong to a large enterprise or a small business.
Slack is a chatroom shared among all the members of an organization.
it can be used across multiple devices and platforms and is equipped with lots of features that allow you to not only chat one-on-one with associates but also in groups.
users can upload and share files with them too, as well as integrate with other apps and services and you can almost control almost every setting, including the ability to create custom emoji.
Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Your organization is known as a workspace and is divided into channels which are separate group chats with their own members and topics.
In these channels, you can send messages, images, internet links, videos, and more. They’re designed to make communication between employees smooth, and replace many of the functions that email once dominated.
It’s available for desktop and mobile and can be used through the Slack website on a web browser.
Slack is also available for Apple Watch, allowing users to send direct messages, see mentions, and make simple replies
Slack app has a good interface and it is also user friendly.
Slack has a free and paid version.
Slack app features
- Message or call any person or group within your team
- Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
- Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
- Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
- Follow along with everything related to individual topics, projects or teams in their dedicated channels.
- Slack saves every bit of your data for you like, previous meetings, projects and so on.
- It’s easier to see things when you’re face-to-face. Video conferencing helps you share information more efficiently, so work gets done faster.
- Files, documents, photos, and videos can be shared from your computer, device or cloud storage service of choice, all without switching tabs or windows.
Slack for Windows
using slack on your windows is as easy as possible.
NOTE: To download the Slack app from the Windows Store, you’ll need to be running Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update installed.
How to Download Stack on your Windows
- go to slack.com/downloads
- Click Download
- Once the download is complete, double-click the file (called SlackSetup.exe). Slack will launch automatically once installed.
to download from the windows store all you have to do is, Find Slack in the Windows Store, Click Get the app, After the app is installed, locate and select Slack in your Start menu to launch it then you are good to go.
The free version of Slack allows you to search through the last 10,000 most recent messages, and add a limited number of people to your workspace, and you’ll be limited to 5GB of file storage and 10 apps or custom integrations.
Slack Standard costs $8 per person per month, or a few cents more than $80 per person when paying annually, the Slack Standard gives you file storage increases to 10GB per person, and you can have group calls with up to 15 people and other advantages.
Slack Plus costs $15 per user per month or $150 per person per year, Slack Plus includes everything in Standard, but storage increases to 20GB per person.
to learn more about the Slack pricing CLICK HERE.
thanks for reading.