Intuit’s TurboTax is a software package for preparing American income tax returns. produced by Intuit.
The software is intended to walk users through the process of filing their tax returns step by step. TurboTax is well-known for its simple and straightforward user interface.
TurboTax allows taxpayers to keep more of their hard-earned money while receiving the largest refund possible. TurboTax can be used to file both federal and state income tax returns.
There are several versions available, including TurboTax Deluxe, TurboTax Premier, and others; however, there is a free edition with limitations.
The TurboTax software adds Audit Defense from TaxResources, Inc. to help taxpayers with their self-prepared returns.
You can upgrade to a higher level of tax assistance with TurboTax.
How Does TurboTax Work
TurboTax assists you in selecting the correct version for your 2022 taxes after you create an account or sign in with an existing one.
It also displays various factors that may have an impact on taxes (owning a home, having children, selling stock, paying off student loans, and so on). It will also recommend the best solution for you.
You can also import previous year’s taxes from TurboTax or other personal tax preparation websites.
TurboTax is quite similar to an interview, asking some personal questions, it asks you simple questions about your life that affect your tax status.
If you’re using TurboTax for the first time, you have to provide answers to the site’s questions about your personal background, including your address, Social Security number, and occupation.
These questions aid in determining the best options while also looking for deductions.
And some other questions, specifically for security reasons, before being asked to fill out all of the necessary tax documents behind the scenes.
All you need to get started is your email address! You will also be asked to answer a few basic questions before being allowed to proceed.
You don’t even need your W–2s or 1099s because your information can be imported instantly from over a million participating companies and financial institutions.
Other documents, such as mortgage statements or other comprehensive financial information, may be required in the future for more complex tax situations; however, because TurboTax saves your returns as you go, you can finish it whenever you want.
TurboTax also allows you to video chat with a tax expert. If you allow it, this person can view your screen and perform a line-by-line review of your tax return.
You can also communicate with them throughout the year, so they can assist you with tax planning during the offseason.
TurboTax provides an excellent user experience, guiding you through an in-depth, easily understood interview to assist you in preparing your tax return. It’s quite pricey, but TurboTax’s usability and comprehensive coverage of tax topics add to its value.
With TurboTax You Can:
- You can file your taxes from anywhere and at any time. Switch between devices with ease and resume where you left off whenever it’s convenient for you.
- Transfer data from a previous TurboTax return from year to year to get a head start on your taxes.
- You have the option of doing it yourself or hiring a professional.
- You can import, upload, and photograph your W-2, 1099, and 1098 tax forms
- Answer short questions about your life and e-file securely.
You might find TurboTax interesting if you fall into this category of people listed below:
- Have a complicated tax situation and require assistance navigating deductions and forms
- Want steWant step-by-step instructions
- Want to be able to upgrade for immediate access to an expert
- You are eligible for a $0 federal and state filing fee.
How Much Does TurboTax Cost
TurboTax is one of the most expensive options for online tax filing, but it provides a high-quality user interface and access to tax experts.
There is a free version of the software available, but it only handles the most basic tax returns.
The free version includes W-2 income, unemployment income, retirement distributions, interest and dividend income, the earned income tax credit, and the child tax credit.
TurboTax Deluxe, which costs $59 plus $49 per state, is the most popular version.
Those with more complex investments may require the $89 Premier edition, whereas self-employed business owners will require the top-tier $119 Self-Employed edition.
Each version comes with an upgrade for online tax support and full-service tax preparation.
Is TurboTax Safe?
TurboTax uses data encryption to keep your information safe. verify your identity, it also requires multi-factor authentication every time you log in.
To prevent fraud, TurboTax security specialists collaborate with the IRS and state revenue departments.
Security personnel are constantly monitoring the site and conducting internal and external checks.
TurboTax is a tax preparation service pioneer for a reason. Millions of people return to TurboTax year after year because it allows them to file their tax returns quickly and easily.
When you’ve finished your data-entry tasks, TurboTax Deluxe’s final review will help you double-check your work.
If it detects any errors, it assists you in correcting them by directing you to the problematic fields, allowing you to change them, and returning you to complete the check.
NOTE: In addition to the online version, you can purchase a CD or download TurboTax to use on your personal computer. Except for Home & Business, which is only available for Windows, all versions are compatible with both PC and Mac.
The online version is the most convenient because it works on both your computer and phone, and you can switch to another computer if you’re working on a joint tax return.
Difference Between TurboTax Online And TurboTax CD/Download
- TurboTax CD/Download is a program that downloads and installs TurboTax on your computer. You will be able to work on your taxes even if you are not connected to the Internet. Your data will be saved on the hard drive of your computer. It also allows you to prepare and print an unlimited number of federal tax returns, as well as e-file up to five free of charge (state e-file with TurboTax CD/Download incurs an additional fee). A CD/Download is a better overall value for clients who are completing tax returns for multiple people.
- TurboTax Online allows you to prepare and e-file your tax return from virtually any computer or mobile device that has an Internet connection. There is no software to install or data to save on your computer. All of your data will be saved on our servers. TurboTax Online supports both federal and state e-filing.
Can I Apply For TurboTax If I Am A Non-Citizen, Student, Or Worker In The United State?
Yes, TurboTax has partnered with Sprintax.com to provide a secure, user-friendly online solution to help you file your 1040NR tax forms and complete your taxes correctly.
You can create a Sprintax account today by visiting the Sprintax.com website, and Sprintax will show you which forms are appropriate for you.
What Credit Card Payment Is Accepted For TurboTax?
TurboTax accepts all major credit and debit cards, but you can also deduct TurboTax fees from your federal tax refund. This service is charged separately.
If you don’t have a bank account, you can file with TurboTax.
All you have to do is deposit your reimbursements directly into your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card. This reloadable Visa debit card is accepted wherever Visa debit cards are accepted, including online, for bill payment, and at ATMs.
For questions or complaints, call the IRS at 800-829-1954. For professional assistance, dial 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848). or go to the TurboTax website to get started.
Thanks for Reading.