This tutorial will show you how to reflect what you see in your HTC Vive headset to a TV so that others may view it as well.
Is It Possible To Connect The HTC Vive To A Television?
You certainly can. You can mirror your view on a TV in the same manner you can on a PC display. It’s as simple as attaching the headset to the same PC as your TV.
Follow the steps outlined below on how to do that.
- Use an HDMI cable to connect your gaming PC to the TV you wish to show the graphics on.
- If your graphics card doesn’t have enough HDMI connectors, you can use a DisplayPort to HDMI converter.
2. Start your computer and connect your HTC Vive headset.
If you’re doing this in a different room, ensure sure your HTC Vive Lighthouse trackers are in the appropriate positions and that you run Room Setup again to lay out your current play area.
3. Launch Steam and SteamVR, and check that the HTC Vive headset is operating properly with virtual reality.
4. Choose Display VR View from the three-line menu bar on the SteamVR interface. It will reflect everything you can see in the VR headset in a tiny window on any linked screens (in this example, your Television).
5. You may choose a window’s corner and drag it to enlarge it in any display size. Alternatively, you may choose Full Screen to have it occupy the whole screen of your TV.
The upper left Menu also allows you to choose whether to show both eyes or just one of them—the preset is Right.
6. It’s also a smart option to use audio mirroring so that everyone can tell what’s going on. If it doesn’t happen immediately, go to the SteamVR settings screen and select Audio to select the mirror output device.
Is The HTC Vive Compatible With HDMI?
The HTC Vive uses an HDMI connection to communicate to a host PC, but the headset directly connects to its connection box. The PC is then connected to the connection box through an HDMI wire.
How Do I Put Virtual Reality On My TV?
Each VR headset has its own way of showing a live VR stream on your Television. Some let you link them directly, while others, such as the HTC Vive, need you to first link them to a gaming PC. To connect an HTC Vive or HTC Vive Pro headset to your TV through Steam, follow the instructions mentioned.
How Do I Set Up The HTC Vive?
Create room for a play area before mounting the Lighthouse tracking sensors in opposite corners with roughly 6.5 feet among them to provide the HTC Vive VR system with a room-scale view. Then, after downloading Steam, logging into your Steam account, and installing SteamVR, you’re ready to go. Connect your headset to the connection box, the link box to your computer, the controllers to your computer, and then follow the directions.
What’s The Best Way To Set Up An HTC Vive Cosmos?
The HTC Vive Cosmos is an updated and improved version of the HTC Vive virtual reality system. You’ll need a Viveport account to set up an HTC Vive Cosmos. Go to the Vive’s setup page after installing the Vive and SteamVR software. Complete the setup steps after downloading, installing, and running the setup file. If you relocate the Cosmos system to a new room, you’ll have to restart the setup.
What’s The Best Way To Get A Free HTC Vive?
Whilst HTC Vive isn’t free, HTC occasionally runs promotions that feature free virtual reality experiences with the purchase of an HTC Vive. HTC also occasionally provides a brief free trial of a Viveport membership with access to more games with the purchase of an HTC Vive Cosmos. Vive games and experiences are also accessible for free.