hightail is a cloud service that lets users send, preview, receive, digitally sign, and synchronize files, it was previously known as YouSendit.
the app is used to send files, photos or audio files, access documents, it also lets you quickly preview and stream multimedia files that are shared with you.
hightail can be used via the web, a desktop client, mobile devices, or from within business applications with a Hightail plugin.
users upload files to the hightail server, and recipients are provided with a link where the file can be downloaded.
users can also create and manage file folders in an online system, or create desktop folders that can access online storage.
the service can also be used on desktop applications for Windows and macOS, it also has mobile apps for iOS and Android devices.
Hightail has plugins for business applications, such as Microsoft Outlook and Yahoo! Mail, Google docs, that allow users to send files from within the application.
users can sign documents digitally using a touch-screen or mouse.
The service has a pay-per-use security feature and files sent through Hightail are encrypted during transmission and while stored on individual devices or servers.
the hightail service has a free service for 2GB of storage, it also has a paid service that gives you access to unlimited storage and additional features. to learn about the pricing CLICK HERE
the service is available in over 200 countries and is used by almost 40 million registered users.
ALSO READ: slack-app-slack-for-windows-slack-pricing
Features of the Hightail app
- Send files that are stored in your Google Drive, Dropbox or Microsoft OneDrive account to anyone
- Preview files that have been sent to you or shared via Hightail Spaces
- upload, receive and share large files
- users can track sent and received messages
- users are allowed to protect their content with an access code
- you can upload and share your work with anyone, and recipients won’t even need an account to access your files.
- one-click access to content and fast downloads
- users receive email notifications in real-time once files have been delivered or are available to download.
- synchronize your files to cloud storage
- with hightail you can integrate with OpenText Media management
- you can connect with other apps with Zapier
- users can connect app they already use with hightail, this allows you to share your content with hightail
To learn more about this amazing features CLICK HERE
How to upload files to hightail
- visit the official website
- Click on login at the top of the page, then enter the required details in the blank boxes
- from your dashboard click on send at the top of the page, you will see the send files page
- type in the email address of the recipients you are sending the file to
- enter the subject of the message in the subject box and a message in the Message box, this is not necessary it is optional
- then you can the attach files you want to send either by uploading from your desktop or by selecting from hightail folder
- you can set an expiration date for the file you are sending if you tick the box the file will no longer be accessible
- click on send it then the files will be sent.
once the files have been sent a URL will be provided to you, with this link you share your files or documents to others by sharing it in any platform of your choice, anyone has access to the file or document you sent using this link until it is expired.
thanks for reading.