The Green Dot Bank is an online-only financial technology and bank holding firm that offers competitive rates on high-yield savings accounts and limitless cash-back incentives on spending accounts.
Green Dot is also a payments platform startup, with Apple Pay Cash, Uber, and Intuit using its technology.
The Unlimited cashback account is a savings account offered by Green Dot using a pre-paid debit card, which is the first of its kind in the market.
The card offers 3% cash back on purchases and a 3% annual percentage yield (APY) on a customer’s savings account.
Green Dot has a Prepaid Card & Cash Back Debit Card.
The Cash Back Debit Card is accessible both online and in shops, such as CVS Pharmacy, Kmart, and Walgreens, however, the prepaid card is only available in stores.
Customers’ names are included in cards purchased online.
Cards purchased at the shop are simply temporary cards that do not include the customer’s name; instead, they read “Valued Customer.”
Temporary cards cannot be reloaded. If the consumer chooses to receive a personalized card, which is free, it will come in the mail in 7 to 10 business days with his or her name on it.
Reloading personalized cards may be done in a variety of ways.
Unless the user makes more than 30 purchases or charges the card with more than $1000 in a month, there is a $9.95 monthly fee.
Cardholders can also choose to have their paychecks sent straight into their card via direct deposit, thereby making the card their bank account.
MoneyPak may be used to deposit cash into a card, which can be found in the same places as GreenDot prepaid cards. Reloading costs $5.95 at most retailers.
Green Dot also offers the Platinum Visa Secured credit card, which is a secured credit card. This is a real Visa credit card that is backed by a deposit; it is neither a debit nor a prepaid card.
MoneyPak is intended to load money onto Green Dot prepaid cards, but it may also be used to load money onto third-party prepaid and bank debit cards.
Green Dot Debit Cards
Green Dot has a number of debit cards to meet a variety of purposes, including everyday money management, cashback, and bill payment.
All of them provide early direct deposit, ATM access, a savings function, and mobile cash deposits.
Security features include lock/unlock protection, 24/7 access, and a variety of additional options.
They’re exclusively available in shops.
To learn more about Green Dot Debit Cards CLICK HERE.
Green Dot Prepaid Visa Card
Use in any situation. In the United States, a Visa debit is accepted. Track your spending online, pay bills, and make daily purchases 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To open an account, you’ll need an internet connection and proof of identity (including your Social Security number).
To use all of the services, you’ll need to verify your phone number or email address, as well as download the mobile app.
To learn more about the Green Dot Prepaid Visa card CLICK HERE.
Features Of The Green Dot App
- Create a new card and register it.
- View your account’s balance and transaction history, as well as other account details.
- Lock/Unlock functionality
- Checks may be deposited using your mobile phone.
- Create account notifications.
- Apple Pay and other mobile payment alternatives are supported.
- Customer service is available via chat.
Green Dot Unlimited
Green Dot Unlimited is a checking and savings account from Green Dot, the prepaid card company.
You must be at least 18 years old, a US resident, and have your Social Security number in order to apply for a Green Dot Unlimited account.
The account offers limitless 2% cashback on debit card transactions, as well as high-yield savings account with a 2% annual percentage rate and free cash deposits.
However, to avoid the $7.95 monthly charge, you must spend at least $1,000 each month, and you may only redeem your interest and cashback incentives once a year.
How To Open A Green Dot Unlimited Account
You can apply either online or in person.
- To apply, go to the provider’s website and follow the instructions.
- Go to the Green Dot website and click the “Open An Account” button.
- Click Open My Account after entering your personal information and reviewing the deposit agreement.
Within seven to ten business days of receiving your application in the mail, you will receive a Debit card.
Name, Address, Date of Birth, Social Security Number, Phone Number, and Government-issued picture ID are all necessary to open Green Dot Unlimited.
Although Green Dot Unlimited does not allow wire transfers, there are still a few options for getting your money.
You may use your Green Dot Unlimited to access cash in a variety of ways, including:
- Deposits made directly into your bank account
- Check deposit on the go
- A cash payment of $90,000 or more is required. Green Dot retail locations
- Refund of taxes
- PayPal money transfer
- Transfer from another financial institution
For withdrawals, you can use the methods below
- At a store, you can get money back.
- To yourself, write a check.
- Make a PayPal payment
- Transfer to a different financial institution
How To Set Up Your Green Dot User ID And Password
You will need the following information to create a User ID:
- Expiration date and card number
- Zip code and date of birth
- Enter the last four digits of your Social Security Number when prompted.
- To begin with, create a Green Dot User ID and select a password. then provide some personal details such as your security question and a valid email address.
- Go through the information you entered in and make sure it’s correct.
- If you need to make any changes, click edit, then confirm to complete your Green Dot User ID and password creation.
How To Login Into Your Green Dot Account
All you need to log in to your Green Dot account is your User ID and your password.
CLICK HERE to visit the official login page.
NOTE: If you are not in the United States, you will need a valid V.P.N. to register for or access your Green Dot account.
Thanks for reading
ALSO READ: How To Use The Venmo App