coinbase is a company that operates a cryptocurrency exchange platform, the simple, safe way to buy, manage and sell your cryptocurrency.
Coinbase allows you to securely buy, store and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, and many more on their easy, user-friendly app and web platform.
it was founded in 2012 and is a fully regulated and licensed cryptocurrency exchange supporting all U.S. states except Hawaii.
coinbase has a built-in system for commerce which allows companies to integrate Crypto Currency gateways onto their website which users have the choice to use.
it also have a interactive charts which allow you cut data by multiple points and look historically at patterns.
Coinbase offers over 25 cryptocurrencies for investment, trading, and also staking.
The platform can also be accessed through your android or iOS devices.
with the coinbase app you can buy and sell your cryptocurrencies easily and safer.
you can own your own crypto in an instant, All it takes is a bank account or debit card.
the app keeps you informed on updates and features that help you build your knowledge and your portfolio, including automatic buys and price alerts.
you will be able to keep track of your crypto.
a clear user-friendly dashboard helps you see prices and the value of your assets, any time of day, anywhere you are through our website or mobile app.
Over 98% of cryptocurrency is stored securely offline and the rest is protected by industry-leading online security.
Your account is also subject to the same scrupulous safety standards, including multi-stage verification and bank-level security.
You can even lock the app with a passcode, or remotely disable your phone’s access to the app if it gets lost or stolen.
Whether you’re just starting your crypto journey, or a seasoned expert, you’ll find everything you need to build your crypto portfolio on Coinbase.
coinbase has a simple interface compared to other crypto wallet.
it has a Easy registration process and a fast verification process.
from the home tab you are able to see how each coin is doing and see the trends in a order of charts.
A banner above your portfolio balance has a Buy crypto button where you can enter a dollar value and place market orders for whichever crypto you choose that Coinbase has available.
This button also brings up the options to sell or convert your crypto or even set up recurring orders daily, weekly, on the 1st and 15th, once a month.
Coinbase Pro offers a far larger and more robust charting and trade experience.
With Coinbase Pro, users can place market, limit, and stop orders with lower commission fees.
Coinbase Pro also has the option of margin trading and has significantly fancier charting capabilities.
Coinbase has an incredibly convoluted fee system that is also quite expensive if you are not using Coinbase Pro.
the cost of trading on Coinbase’s standard platform is quite high in comparison to its competitors.
Coinbase’s fees vary across different countries and regions. to learn more CLICK HERE.
How to open a coinbase account
Signing up for Coinbase is a very straightforward and easy process. First, you enter your name, email, and your password.
you will be asked to verify your email address.
Coinbase asks you to enter in your phone number to receive a verification code and enter it.
a code will be sent to the phone number to send 2-step verification codes.
- Be at least 18 years old, you will be asked for proof
- A government-issued photo ID, passport cards are not accepted
- a browsing device that is fully connected to the internet
- A phone number connected to your smartphone, where you will be able to receive messages
- the latest Coinbase App version or the The latest version of your browser
How to create a coinbase account
- visit www.coinbase.com from a browser on your computer, or download and open the Coinbase app on Android or iOS to get started.
- Click on Get started.
- You’ll be asked for the following information. Important: Enter accurate, up-to-date information to avoid any issues.
- Legal full name, Email address, Password, Your State.
- Check the box and click Create account to continue
- Coinbase will send you a verification email to your registered email address.
Note: when typing in all this details make sure they are up to date, you may be asked to verify each details.
How to verify your email on coinbase
- Select Verify Email Address in the email you received from Coinbase.com
- Clicking the link in the email will take you back to Coinbase.com
- You’ll need to sign back in using the email and password you recently entered to complete the email verification process.
How to Verify your phone number on coinbase
- After Signing in to Coinbase. You’ll be prompted to add a phone number
- Choose your country
- Enter your mobile number
- Click Send Code if you are using a mobile device tap Continue
- Enter the seven-digit code Coinbase texted to your phone number
- Click Submit or tap Continue
if you did not receive any code click on Resend SMS
How to Add your personal information to coinbase
- Enter the information shown on your valid government-issued photo ID, you’ll need to submit a photo of this ID later.
- you will provide the following information accordingly First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth and your Address.
- You will be asked to answer the following questions
- purpose of opening coinbase
- source of income
- Current Occupation
- Last 4 digits of SSN
- Select Continue to finish the process.
you will need to wait a while until you receive further instructions via email.
How to Verify your identity on coinbase
- Sign in to your Coinbase account
- Complete ID verification.
Set up a 2-step verification app (TOTP) to help protect against unauthorized account access.
To link a payment method, Choose your country to learn which payment methods are available in your country.
For more information on all the services available in Coinbase supported countries, visit the Supported Countries page.
thanks for reading
ALSO READ: what-is-apo-box-how-do-i-get-apo-box.